We're Hiring! Evo are looking for a Head of Technical
Head of Technical
Job title: Head of Technical
Reports to: CEO / COO
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Responsible for: Technical Department
As Head of Department, you will be responsible for the overall management of the technical services of Evolution Live Event Management. You will oversee the design, planning, construction, and on-site delivery of all technical, audiovisual and structural aspects of projects, for internal and external clients.
The role will require you to:
- Provide supervision and guidance to the existing technical team to ensure that proposals, designs, construction drawings and cost estimates are accurately and effectively delivered to potential and existing client.
- Manage the team's scheduling, staffing and evaluation, ensuring that the department is fully operational and ready to handle future events and challenges.
- Provide strong leadership, direction and mentorship to the department, creating a workplace culture that promotes teamwork and unity among department members. You will need to encourage and empower your employees to take responsibility for their day-to-day activities by delegating duties and providing feedback.
- Manage departmental costing model / structure by compiling complex budgets and ensuring project deliverables are accurately specified and costed. Moreover, in co-ordination with the management you will have to prepare quarterly financial reports and develop annual budgets with proper profitability analysis on a per project/client basis.
- Manage activities related to purchasing, inventory control, warehousing, and maintenance of existing assets by implementing procedures and systems to evaluate and negotiate with suppliers to meet quality and delivery requirements. You will manage inventory damages & losses by scheduling of aged assets to be rotated from stock and removed from the assets register.
- Ensure that all relevant project – related documentation (e.g. build schedules, application for work permits, provision of accurate H&S documentation) is completed for the assigned projects.
- Manage third-party supplier relationships to ensure that all project deliverables meet or exceed client expectations in terms of quality of finish, delivery schedules and H&S requirements.
- Maintain existing clients and expand the current portfolio by identifying new clients and new opportunities within the UAE and wider region. You will need to be able to close new business deals by providing cost-effective and quality-driven proposals whilst ensuring timely delivery of our services in the most professional way.
- Ensure that all Health & safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are periodically reviewed to obtain full compliance with UAE Health & safety regulations within the office and on-sites. You will also be required to be up to date on any future policies and procedures that require change and implementation in the department.
Please send applications to: email@example.com